CALL THE SENATE EDUCATION COMMITTEE
GO TO AUSTIN ON TUESDAY!
The hearing begins at 9:00 am but most likely you will not be able to testify until the afternoon (beginning around 1:00 pm and on). Texans for Education Opportunity will be providing lunch from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm for any supporters that come in to town. They will also have a room inside the Capitol to use as a home base for the day with water and snacks.
The Senate Hearing for Senate Bill 3 is scheduled for 9 A.M. on Tuesday, March 21.
We can begin to sign up to testify in support of SB 3 as early as 9 A.M. The hearing will be held in room E1.028 of the Texas Capitol.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to room E1.028 in the Capitol and fill out a testimony card located in the back of the room (doors open at 9:00 A.M.)
- Turn in the card to the committee clerk
- Wait for your name to be called to testify
- Express your support orally within 3 minutes. To submit written testimony, it must have your name on it and bring 50 copies with you.
- Post on Facebook and Twitter using #txlege and #schoolchoice to showcase your support for SB 3!
Senate Bill 3 is the landmark school choice bill that would establish both an education savings account and a tax credit scholarship in Texas.